I have uploaded the first stages of the Fedora Cygwin RPM repository for Fedora 14 i686 and x86_64. I have added a release RPM which will allow installing the packages with Yum or the various PackageKit frontends. Any questions or issues with these packages should be directed to the cygwin-ports-general list for now.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Well, at least in some parts of the world. But not here, it's still below freezing (although not by much).
Yesterday, I was testing the two programs in Ports which use GObject Introspection at runtime (lightsoff and swell-foop), I found that those programs were completely nonfunctional. Not only that, I found that it wasn't just me. But as I dug deeper, I found that everything went wrong at once:
- Pango's typelibs were broken due to improperly shipped GIRs;
- The gtk_clutter_init* functions needed some introspection annotations;
- Seed module loading broke in 2.31;
- The games should have been using GtkClutter.init() instead of init_with_args();
- The games were trying to use a Glib function which was no longer exported;
- The games were not specifying which versions of its dependencies were needed, causing the wrong versions to be loaded if gtk3 libraries are present.
The good news is, four packages and six patches later, the games are working again, and will be shipped in the next upload (hopefully next week).